What are you passionate about? Here at Nature’s Academy we strive to teach and promote a healthy relationship with our natural world. Though humans do not always realize it, we are a part of nature and it is our duty to conserve our resources in a way that can benefit our future offspring.
Holidays, like Valentine’s Day, provide opportunities for people to buy lots of items that will eventually be thrown away shortly after. This year, do your part to spread our message of awareness and to promote positive interactions with our environment.
Ways to be “Green” this Valentine’s holiday:
- Enjoy the great outdoors – plan a trip to a natural area with your loved ones
- Make homemade goodies – give away handmade sweets!
- Eat locally grown food – reduce your carbon footprint
- Give flowers that last – gift that special someone potted flowers that can be planted outside
- Create handmade cards – send an electronic card instead of a paper one
- Recycle your flowers – don’t throw them away, find a way to reuse them
All these tips and much more can show your special someone that you care about them on Valentine’s Day without causing harmful issues that can negatively impact our world. Remember, we are all stronger when we stand together! For more tips on how to be green this Valentine’s Day, visit the Sierra Club website.